Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Like many of you, I love to read blogs and catch up on everyone's lives. However, as the list of blogger friends and family increases, I have been spending way too much time checking each blog to see if there is a new post. So for those of you who don't know, here is a way to subscribe to blogs so you can get alerts when something new is posted. It has saved me TONS of time!

You can either make www.google.com your homepage or if you have a gmail account already, log into your email account. If you are setting your homepage to google.com, you will either see a huge list that says "start by selecting some of our most popular content" or a tab on the right that says "add stuff." Click on this and type in the search field for "google reader." If you have a gmail account, log in, and then at the top click on the "more" tab. Choose google reader, and it is here that you can add peoples' blogs and other websites you check frequently. Click on "add subscription" and add your fav's one at a time. When you log in next time, it will let you know what is new and on who's blog! The first time, you will have to select each blog and then hit the button at the top that says "mark all as read" so that it will work correctly.

I hope this made sense to everyone, and that you find it as helpful as I have! I believe that if you don't have a gmail account, you can still use google reader, you will just have to create an account. Since you all have blogs which are google run, then you might not have to create an account either, I don't know for sure.

No comments: