I had to watch the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore for one of my classes. Two of the classes I am currently finishing are scary to me, partly because of the subject, but mostly because of what I am learning in them. One is about natural disasters (New Orleans honestly got what they deserved and if they rebuild, it will happen again) and the other is about Ecology and that what we do has more of an impact than we might understand. For instance, if we get rid of a particular type of plant in an area, what animals use that plant for food that are now displaced, what other small organisms use the plant as a habitat that are now destroyed, etc. We can do something about each of these concerns, and yet many people are not.
I thought this movie was going to be boring and useless, but instead it is very enlightening and truthful. I don't want to say too much, other than that I was surprised that the movie was good, informative, and important for everyone to at least watch. People are free to form their own opinions after watching it, but at least watch it to understand what some people are considering a crisis. I just watched it online. Type in An Inconvenient Truth to Google videos and look for the link that has 1 hr and 37 min. It's youku.com or something like that. Very informative, and great.
I have been really busy at writing a new thesis about my trip to Italy, working on another paper about memorial design(er)s, and just staying afloat at school. All positive things, but busy. Sorry for the lack of posts, and the lack of photos. Maybe soon. We don't change all that much at our ages. :)
8 years ago


4 comments:
So Chris wants to know if you're a tree-hugging Democrat now? (Not that we don't appreciate the issues of global warming and the extinction of plants and subsequent displacement of the ecosystem around those plants but he's just being obnoxious.) Hope your thesis and the rest of the semester end happily. :)
Good to see you're blogging again. Good luck with your semester.
Hopefully people can learn from watching the movie. The sad thing is that a greater part of people don't care about issues like that. I hope school is going good :)
Kevin
I like your cute new background! :) Very "springy"! (it seems like spring is never going to get here, but I'm told it will, so I just keep hoping.)
Post a Comment