Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Buried...Dead or Alive

This is Bo, burying one of his bones. Sorry it is kind of long. When Bailey was still around, she was the one that would bury bones, hiding them from him. He would sometimes find them, (when she actually left them before changing her mind and digging them up again) and then she would go and take them from him anyway. We only have seen him bury anything once when she was still around. Now he does this all the time. I keep asking him if he would rather chew on them as they were intended, but he insists on burying them.

What was funny this day was that we have been doing tons of work in the front of the house, preparing for my family to come and visit for my graduation and my younger brother's surgery, and we don't have any furniture up front right now. This day, we had just gotten done painting the walls and ceiling, when he decided that he needed to bury his bone. He saw the only soft thing, a painting drop cloth, on top of a bucket of paint, and tried to bury it there, but quit. I saw him, laughed at his attempt, and put the drop cloth on the floor for him, where he started the routine. I did not get it all from the start, but he did enough for you to get an idea of what he does. Every now and then, he has to uncover it. I don't know if he is checking to see if it is still there or what, but I just laugh and roll my eyes.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I think Bo needs an outlet. He's so cute!

Kevi n Susie said...

Silly Bo! :p He probably misses Bailey and remembers her doing that. I don't think the video was long. I loved that your kitty wanted some attention too and was part of the video. So when can we expect a video of your pretty cats :) I just love Cats! Sorry we can't be at your graduation but hopefully we can see one another sometime this year? Thanks for your comment on our collage.

Susie

Hyde and Beej said...

He is so funny! That's what cheech does sometimes, she'll bury her ball just to get it out like 2 seconds later! Fun to watch though! I get to see all your crew in less than a week! Well, more like a week, since we're staying in Logan for the first 2ish days that we are down there... But it'll be fun! :)
~Heidi

Liz Bowman said...

I don't think he remembers her burying her bones. He has done it before, just that she always found his treat or bone and ate it, so he learned long ago that if he ate it instead of burying it, he could enjoy it. He does it now because I think he literally wants to save it for later. The cats are usually camera shy, and just lay there anyway. I can take pictures and post them instead.