I have had a hard time feeling like I wanted to post anything for awhile, even the after pictures of our front three rooms. The pictures are taken, waiting to be posted, I just can't get up the desire to do so. Sorry!! You'll just have to wait, and by the time I get to actually posting them, there will be another room complete, so there will be additional before pictures for your viewing pleasure anyway. Call it lazy, I don't care. Just blogger block in my opinion.
I have been away from home for awhile now, the longest since I have been married. It started on the 19th of June, where I left Salt Lake to visit my family in northern Idaho. It was a great time. Earlier in the week, prior to my leaving, my brother, Kevin, who lives in California started to drive up to Idaho on Sunday, and ended up staying the night with us instead of driving all the way through (smart of him). They got to Sandpoint safely Monday night. Two of my close friends from Glenwood, Iowa had driven out to Salt Lake to visit me and Corey and arrived on Monday night, and then were also continuing their vacation up to Sandpoint to see the rest of the clan, so I tagged along with them. It was great to visit even longer with them and they left for Iowa the following Tuesday from Idaho.
Kevin and his family were so fun. It was the first time they had been up to Idaho, and so there was lots for them to experience! I had not been up to visit for more than a year, and it was great times for all. Kevin has two kids, Delaney who is 2 1/2 and Mylie who is about 9 months old. Delaney is so active and busy, but with so many adults around, he was easy to follow. Heather had a new baby girl, Arabella, May 15th, so the 22nd of June, my father blessed Mylie and Arabella in Sacrament meeting. That was truly special, and even though neither of the kids are mine, I had such a hard time keeping my emotions to myself and was sobbing during the sacrament hymn. Delaney was blessed at home later on in the week, as he would not have done well in front of so many people.
We went to the beach, went to eat at our two favorite restaurants, and just visited and hung out. Rhonda, one of the friends from Iowa, wanted to go to the Farmer's Market, so we went on Saturday. It was so much fun.
After everyone left, Larry and Rhonda on Tuesday, and Kevin and Susie and kids on Friday, it definitely was more quiet. One of my goals while I was up visiting was to get a design for their yard started. I wanted to at least draw out the existing landmarks and design elements that they wanted. It took a few days to get all the measurements, but I managed to draw it up fine. Now comes the fun part, the design! That will have to come later, when I can sit down and draw, study the plants, and such. It will look great when I am done though!
When I left for northern Idaho, I did not have a return date set in mind. I was tentatively going to head to Seattle after visiting my parents and kids at home, as well as Heather and Brian and Arabella, to visit and help my older sister Charla. My dad drove me, Heather and Arabella (who did extremely well for her first long day drive in her carseat), Heidi and Katie. This was the fourth of July weekend, and all the sisters were together, with their chauffeur, Dad. We had a great time, and everyone left on Sunday to go back to Idaho. I have stayed in Seattle and am heading back to Salt Lake on the 23rd of July. Long trip, random things, and still fun.
While I have been away, I got offered a job, which I took. I start the 28th of July and am excited at the start of something new. It will be fun and challenging, yet I am excited at the idea of it. I will post pictures when I actually get some. I am not good at taking pictures!
8 years ago


2 comments:
Sounds like you'll be busy for a while. I'm glad you're up helping out Char though... Give her and little CJ a squeeze for me.
First, I think you do a good job at taking pictures. You did take all of those European ones, didn't you? I believe we all enjoyed seeing them.
We also had a great time with all of you. It would have been nice to visit Charla but Delaney and Mylie would not have liked to be in the car in the very least. Kevi and I would have wanted to take pictures of the blessings of the girls but I know we couldn't have even if we would have brought the camera with us.
I wanted to take pictures of more things but I get shy and I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable if I had a camera in their face (sort of speaking), you know?
-Susie
Post a Comment