We would post the before pictures to actually show you all what an immense improvement this is, but our other computer crashed and we are still trying to figure out if we are going to try to fix it or just retrieve the information off of it. I would even try to describe the old one, but I know I won't describe it as well as the pictures show, so we'll just move on. Without further ado, then, here are the long-awaited after pictures.

This view is from the doorway, looking in. We got one of those hotel shower rods to give us more room in the shower, and we love it! Sorry, it's not visible in this picture, but if you come and visit us, you'll get to see it live. Also, this shows the floor really well. Our bathroom prior to this had this horrible carpet type substance on the floor, so this is quite an improvement! It is those self-adhesive tiles. Love it. I am still looking for some piece of art or something cool to hang on the wall above the toilet paper dispenser, but until then, it's blank.

This is our beautiful counter top. It is a speckled brown, and matches beautifully with the other colors going on. I made the curtains out of yellow sheer fabric and ribbon. Our window is this frosted type of glass, so it's hard to see through. The curtains are more for decoration, and to bring out the yellow in the towels. We found the basket at Pier One for $7, and then filled it with just a few simple decorations. I didn't want an empty counter, nor did I want one filled with toothpaste holders, cups, etc.

Another view of the counter top. The mirror swivels from these two points, helping us maximize the unique space. The window is overlapping the sink, so the mirror does not hang directly over it like normal. I know there is a purple hand towel hanging from the rod, and it has since been changed to a teal one, but we didn't have any coordinating ones when I took this picture. In the corner behind the mirror is one of those reed scent things, also from Pier One. Love it.

The closeup of the basket and decorations in it. These are washcloths (not for use at all) and then a candle and soap that I wrapped some jute around for further decoration. I found the jute in my sewing supplies from some previously forgotten about project, and had wanted to wrap the soap and candles with something, so it fit well with the bathroom. Makes it all look more organic.
Overall, we are impressed with ourselves. We took our time finding just the right bathroom set and decorations, even shopped around after finding them (the towel set is from Wal-mart of all places). Corey totally let me decorate it more than he let me decorate the condo, so I love it more because of it. It is a beautiful room, and I can't wait until the master bedroom is done as well, so we can enjoy having the entire suite done.
On another note, the Olympics are almost done. As a country, the US has done well, as expected, as have many other countries. I have thoroughly enjoyed it this year, and look forward to a year and a half when they are in Canada! Even with all the unique dramas that seem to creep up and hinder the total success of some of the sports, I would call the games a success and can even say that I enjoyed them being in China. I think my dream is to be on the IOC. I have no idea what it takes, but I am going to look into it! They totally need a super fan to represent all the others that are like me.
I found some funny links that I remember watching during the 1996 Atlanta Games that I have now put on my sidebar. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Looks awesome! I really like the curved hotel shower rods. It looks like a bathroom in some swanky 4 star hotel--great job!
B the way, I think I saw that ribbon (on the curtain) at JoAnns and thought about mentioning it to you, but you already found it! Nice work on everything!
Nice job! I love those curved shower rods too! It makes such a difference in the tub! :) We'll have to come down sometime to see it in person, instead of just in pictures! (LOVE the Paul Hunt links, by the way...hilarious!)
Post a Comment