Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Calling

I am now the Relief Society President of my ward. It would be overwhelming except that I knew I would be called to that position earlier in the day. It was slightly funny though, as Corey was panicked about who it was for and what calling it would be. I didn't say anything to him, and just let the news be broken by the Bishop. The cool thing was that the Bishop knew that I knew prior to his visit, and could even pinpoint the time that I did know. I hope that all made sense. So, as a result, we now have a landline in addition to our cellphones. My cellphone number is long distance for anyone outside of Logan, and I don't plan on changing my number any time soon, and we also did not want our minutes to be used too much. If you need my new number, email me and I will pass it on! Exciting times ahead for us.

Corey is still the Young Men's President. He enjoys being their leader and mentor. He is great with them, and hopefully makes a lasting impression on them. One of them is especially struggling with his home life, and he doesn't live very far from us, so he has dropped by to play Mario Kart on our Game Cube. It's a fun game, and Corey actually plays it with him (he has never played it with me). I feel good having a safe and comfortable place that these boys enjoy coming into. Feels good knowing we are helping them through those awkward teenage years.

That's all the news for now. We are still finishing much of the detail work in the front three rooms, and then the pictures should not be too long after that! It's been great to see work actually finished on our home, instead of many things being in some stage of progress.

1 comment:

Mark and Kattie said...

Congrats on the new calling! Moving up in the world! I would love to see more update pics of the house. I love before and afters.