Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Almost Here!!

We are getting closer to being a family with a human child, instead of two of the four-legged furry variety. They are such wonderful 'kids' though, we haven't been able to complain at all.

I know I have been a bad blogger, and haven't updated since we found out the gender, so we'll get this going again!

Shortly after we found out we are having a girl, Corey started school again. It sure has been a busy semester for him, and talking to the spouse of a former student in his same program, it will pretty much be the norm. It is his full-time job, and will be such until he graduates. He is in the first year of a three year program. We are blessed that he got in and that he enjoys it so much! I stayed at home and babysat my niece, Bella. She was such a joy to have around, and would definitely keep me on my toes. The house was babyproofed, and we didn't even have our own baby yet!

Both Corey and I stay busy with our callings, although this semester, Corey has had to lean on his counselors more than he would like to help out with Tuesday YM activities. Sometimes he just wasn't going to be home in time to make it. I stay very busy as RS President. We have more need now than before, so I am kept busy helping. Luckily we haven't had any funerals since the 4 we had in 2 months earlier this year, but we have had new babies come in groups. I love it, and wouldn't trade it for anything else right now in my life!

I have been busy getting the nursery ready for our little girl's arrival. We painted the room, I painted the polka dots on the walls, and we replaced the carpet. It looks so good. The room has three windows, so I am trying to still find time to make curtains. Hopefully as soon as they are done we will post pictures of the complete nursery! I have also made burp cloths, changing table covers, and have a list of a few other things that I need/want to make before she appears. I'll keep you posted on those!

Heather and Arabella moved out in the middle of November. We are sad to not see them as often!! Bella was so funny, and at the stage of life where things come to life for her. Such a good and so attached to her Uncle Corey. She called him Buddy, as she couldn't quite say his name. She helped him study most evenings, and it was always so cute to see them 'study'. He would actually be studying, but would put a video on his laptop for her that she would watch, but she loved to watch it while in his lap. During their last Sunday Sacrament meeting, he was passing the Sacrament, and she pointed out to anyone who was in our vicinity her 'Buddy'. Everyone chuckled as we tried to quiet her down.

Many friends ask me if I am documenting this pregnancy much. The answer is no. It has taken me awhile to realize that we are indeed going to be parents. At the beginning, I was too nervous to do anything for fear of jinxing anything. I think that feeling has continued to now, when even though I have been able to feel her for months, it is finally a reality. I have never been a big journal keeper, so I guess it continues that trend. After she's born, I hope to be able to write things down for her sake. We'll see. Keep me on track with that!!

I love the Christmas holiday. It is my favorite one, and this year, I have been even more prepared with getting our gifts ready early this year. I have been listening to Christmas music since about July. There is something about the giving spirit that I love, and just wish that more people would carry that with them throughout the entire year. We decorated our tree, and this year it is purple, silver, and light gold (as opposed to the bright gold). I scored a really nice tree skirt that is light gold from DI for $4. I also put out nativities this year. In years past, I didn't feel I had the space to show them, but I put them on the back of the piano, and it's a perfect place, even if the kitties like to look out the window from the same place. I collect nativities, and put my international ones out this year. Yes, I need to take pictures of them! They are each unique, and for that I love them. I am singing in a few musical numbers for church this year. We aren't having a choir, but people have asked to sing, or have been asked to sing. I love sharing the gift of music with others, even though I don't feel I have the best voice, it still is good to participate and share.

Until next time, which might likely show pictures of our live baby girl, this will have to do. Yes, I know, I am terrible at taking and posting pictures, but at least I don't try to hide it!

7 comments:

Hyde and Beej said...

Yah you are! :) Haha. I forgive ya. Can't wait to see everything (baby, nursery, rest of house) and you better be on the ball with that! :) Atleast text me pictures! :)
~Heidi

Hyde and Beej said...

And, I have light gold too on my tree! :) Not GOLD gold, light is better and more elegant, I think! :)

kaysi van dyke fox said...

oh yeyyyy!!! i am so glad i found your blog!!! i just love you guys!!! i cannot wait for your baby, im so happy the pregnancy is going well!! love ya!!

Kate & Omar Spilsbury said...

Finally an update! I can't believe you will have a baby soon! I can't wait to see you guys at the next reunion! Merry Christmas! Enjoy your last holiday without kids! :)

JoshSuselJames said...

we can't wait to see her!

Katie said...

Is she here yet?!!!

Steve and Cyndi said...

Liz, I'm so glad you found Steve and I! Steve's told me a little about your difficulties getting/staying pregnant, and as I went through some of the same things (for 4 years) to get Shelby, I have thought of you often. Steve mentioned a few months back that you were pregnant, but we didn't know you are having a girl!! YIPPEE! So exciting! I read down a few posts and noticed you were due the beginning of January. Hoping you and baby are doing well.