Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

It's a.... and other updates

Once again, no pictures. I know, this is a pretty boring blog, but wait until our little girl arrives, then you shouldn't have anything to complain about! Yes, that's right, we are having a girl. Corey is excited to have a daddy's girl, and I am just happy she's healthy so far. Many people kept telling me I was going to have a boy, so when we found out she is indeed a girl, we were thrilled. She is right on track for growth and all her major organs and everything look to be working correctly and growing great. She is going to be the first grandchild on Corey's side, but the sixth on my side. She evens out the grandkids on my side, until April that is.

We have been trying to get everything ready, but first we need to get her room finished. Heather and Arabella were living in the nursery, but we needed them to move upstairs so we could do some work on that room before she arrives. The colors are light brown for the main part of the walls with yellow and green stripes. I am going to make window coverings, a quilt, and a rug that coordinate too (amongst other things I am making). All the work on her room meant that we needed to finish upstairs to make it safe for Bella to live in, but I haven't taken pictures of the finished loft and Heather's room yet. We didn't need to do too much to Heather's room other than the moldings and covering up the two eaves doors. The color was already on the wall, the lights hung, and the closet finished. The loft and the stairwell however received the biggest transformation so far. They look great, except our big LuvSac takes over the size of the room. We are happy with it for now, and are just thrilled that it's another complete room to use! It also means that the loft is no longer a storage room that we use for temporary means. It has my craft area, a TV, and our computer desk, among shelves for books (we still need to unpack them).

Corey started his Fall semester at the University of Utah the 24th of August. It's going to be a tough year for both of us, but we know he is doing what he is supposed to be doing, so we'll survive. I have been unable to find employment again, but that's fine because I fill my day doing needful things to get the house better organized and ready for our baby girl. Bella and I try to have fun, and she enjoys doing errands and going places with her favorite aunt.

I stay busy as the Relief Society President, and if possible feel more busy now that I don't work full-time out of the home. It seems people know I'll be home during the day, and they sure to call me! It keeps me on my toes, grateful to be serving, and they know I am there for them. It works all around.

Corey and I went to Reno the middle of August to visit my brother and his family. We are still trying to get better about taking pictures to note the activities we participate in, so we didn't really take any pictures until the drive home. We had fun going to Lake Tahoe, which has some of the clearest water I have ever seen and we went on the perfect day. We watched the national wakeboarding competition at the Sparks Marina. I ate at an In and Out for the first time (it was good, but not the best I have ever had). We relaxed and had fun visiting some of Kurt and Mallory's favorite places with them (restaurants) before we left. It set the mood for the house renovations the next week and school the following week! Relaxing and great, as all vacations should be.

9 comments:

Eric and Hayley said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! for you two! I am thrilled to hear that you are pregnant. I knew it had been a long road and when I read your comment I was like wait a minute, is Liz pregnant...then I came to check out your blog (I have not read my blogs in months!) and was so thrilled to read that today you posted about having a girl. What fun! Congrats. This will be such a fun time for the both of us.

Heather Thomas said...

I agree that In n Out isn't the best burger place I've ever eaten out...even though most people want to strangle me when I say that, I'm sticking to it! I'd MUCH rather have Dub's or 5 Guys for sure!

Marie said...

Hey Liz, I don't mind sending you an invite to our blog, but I need an email address to send it to...

Mark and Kattie said...

Congratulations on the girl! We are so excited for you guys! Also, I can't wait to see pictures of the house.

Happy Harrison said...

I'm SOOOO excited that it's a girl. I LOVE giving little girl presents (boy presents just aren't as fun).

Maybe I should take a lesson from you, and just undertake one room at a time, instead of the whole gosh darn house. It seems so much less stressful!

Megan D. said...

Yay! A girl...how fun for you guys! I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Your colors sound beautiful. We still need to go yard saling and all that fun stuff. :) Hope to talk to you soon!

Kate & Omar Spilsbury said...

I agree about In-N-Out...it is not my favorite at all. I like Checkers a lot better. I am so excited about you all having a baby girl - I bet the other Bowmans are thrilled too - she will be spoiled I am sure. You sound very busy - but we for sure need to see a prego picture! I can't wait to see how your house is now.

JoshSuselJames said...

yea for girl! want to see pics of the house or we will just have to come over for a game and desserts.

Katie said...

I'm so happy for you Liz and Corey! Congratulations--A girl! We need to get together again soon. And yes, you need to put up pictures! I want to see your pregnant self, the work you've done on your house, etc.!!!