Some people have made comments about having to log into my blog now, when previously they did not have to, so I thought I would explain why. I was reading a friend's (friend A) blog, and clicked on another blog link on the side of her blog, and one of her friends (friend B) had written this experience that one of her friends (friend C) had experienced, and it made her scared.
Friend C had written her daily activities with her two kids and what they do everyday as a family, and one day she was at the park with her kids. A guy she didn't know approached her and asked her if she was _(name)_____ and she said she was. He verified her kids names, and she asked him if he worked with her husband or knew her husband somehow. He said he didn't, that he had just read her blogs and knew that Thursdays was the day she went to the park near her home. It kind of scared her. She had never posted specifics regarding her address or specifically what street she lived on, but by posting her daily activities that she did with her kids, she had given enough information that he knew all about her.
After reading that, I knew that we should try to make our blogs private. Yes, I want people that I know to read what I have been doing, but I want to be able to control it as well. In order to make your blog private, go to Settings, then click on Permissions. It will ask you to enter all the email addresses of your friends and family who you want to invite to read your blog. They will then have to sign in, choose a name to leave comments with, and in the future they will have to log in to view it. Even though this might seem like a pain, I feel more secure knowing that only those that I have invited and accepted my invitation are reading my blog. I can go and add more people anytime too! It's great.
We woke up this morning to inches of fresh powdery snow. It's a pain to shovel, but so beautiful when it comes down. I don't know when it started snowing, but this morning I shoveled about 6 inches off our walks (Corey had to go to work early) and it is still coming down. I shoveled at about 7:30, and it is now 9, with more than an inch covering the walks again. I am glad that I didn't have to drive to Logan today, but hope it is finished before tomorrow morning!! I want to be safe and alive at least until I graduate. Maybe I will post pictures, but that means I will have to go outside to take more and get cold. Oh well.
Charles is coming today, and I am excited! That means I get Little Buddy all to myself, no sharing (because his parents always get him to themselves, and the last time I saw him he was favored by other aunts). Well, not that I want to, but I need to do some homework. Last semester; I can handle it!
8 years ago


1 comment:
I'm excited to see Charles too! I haven't yet seen her little one, and I'm thrilled! :) I really think you ought to come and do to my house what you did to yours. It looks great!
Post a Comment