Sorry, still no pictures of the kitchen. It is well under way, and the countertops are the next major thing to be installed, however, they won't be installed until at least the 19th. We are excited about how it all looks together, and so we are equally excited to share it all with you. Patience is a great thing. I have practiced it for a year and a half, and I am fine. You too will be.
On to the early Christmas present. Many of you may not know that Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. The entire season leading up to I get a good chill almost daily. The massive amounts of giving, of service, of love, just flows more freely this time of year than most of the rest of the year. I love it to the core. While we have been remodeling, we have become frequent customers at Lowe's, and each time I go, without fail, I wander through their Christmas displays of decorations, just filled with joy. I know, a little bit much, but I love how this season makes me feel. The music that is mostly played is appropriate (I still can't figure out how in the world My Favorite Things has gotten to be a Christmas song. Luckily I haven't heard it at all this year. Maybe the radio personnel finally got the hint we have been telling them for ages!), and I am one that can listen to it year round. Many times when I am having a hard day, I just put in a Christmas CD, any will usually do, and my day turns instantly better. This year, Amazon has decided to offer free Christmas songs, one for each day of December up to the 25th. The link is 25 Free Holiday Songs. Have fun and enjoy! I sure have enjoyed the ones I have downloaded so far.
We have only gotten to put up the tree and the lights so far. We wanted to test our three animals (children) to see how they would do, and they have passed so far. We just haven't had time to finish decorating, although I decided to add a lit garland to the top of the piano. I made a runner to cover the top and protect it, and then bought some other smaller decorations to give the garland color. When we get to taking the pictures of the finished kitchen, I will also take pictures of the finished Christmas decorations. The weekend before Thanksgiving, Corey hung all the lights outside our house, and hooked up the timer. I made him turn it off until the day after Thanksgiving. We have decorations, just not complete. Patience again required!
8 years ago


2 comments:
Amen about My Favorite Things. I always shout at the radio whenever I hear them play it--it's not a Christmas song!!!! The other song my station plays is the most annoying theme song ever, the Charlie Brown piano song. Makes me want to throw the radio out into the street.
Can't wait to see pictures of the kitchen!
Thanks for the link! Will just won an iPod from work, so we're happy to get some new songs to put on it.
I feel the same way about a few Christmas songs. Like the "I like a Sleigh Ride" song... super annoying. I don't care if it is a Christmas song. And what about the line from "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" about "scary ghost stories." I don't know about you, but I never tell ghost stories at Christmas. Okay... I'm done venting. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment