Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Lots to Update!!

Sorry, no pictures yet. Hopefully, if I can get the text written, I can come back and add the pictures later!

We have been busy. I got my doctor worked out, and even like my new doctor. She reminds me of the one I went to in Logan, so it is comforting. We were going to be sent to a reproductive endocrinologist, but decided to put that off until our future and finances are worked out a little more than they currently are.

We had an international dinner with friends that I went to school with. Everyone invited was of an international origin (not too far back in their family), had traveled to a foreign place with the department, or had served a foreign speaking mission. We had authentic Italian lasagna, Jewish sweet bread, American green salad, Italian sodas, a delicious apple dessert from Germany, and a dessert from Venezuela. It was delicious and a lot of fun! Sometime, I will get the nerve to post the recipes for what I contributed, however they are lengthy, so maybe just email me if you're interested! I hope to do one of these nights every few months or so. It keeps me in touch with my friends better, as well as keeping me on my toes internationally. Love it!

For my birthday, Corey got me tickets to see Wicked while it was here in Salt Lake. We went with my cousin Jennifer and my sister Heather. Heather's daughter was watched by Jennifer's boyfriend Kyle, and they both survived. We have a few pictures from that night (cameras are not allowed in the theater), outside the Capital Theater. It was such a fun night. Jen and I had seen the production before, and Heather and even Corey both loved it just as much as Jen and I!

Corey has been struggling finding a job in this horrible economy. Meanwhile, he has been researching other options to keep busy, like getting a Master's degree in something. Lately, it's been in architecture. He went in to meet with the adviser about his chances of getting in with his Bachelor's degree, his background of classes, what he needed to take or if he needed to retake, etc. The next week, the adviser called him and asked him what his previous GPA was, he told them, and then they welcomed him in the program under one condition. How quickly could he apply? It was a blessing, to say the least. He started today (the 18th of May), and it will be three years until he is done. The Masters of Architecture will help him in his long term goal of working/designing spaces in a museum somewhere. Good for him, and we are so happy! I am not totally happy being the working one in the relationship, but there are bills to pay and with a horrible economy, I am blessed and happy to have a job.

We celebrated Bella's first birthday on Sunday, even though her birthday was on the previous Friday. Heather, Bella and I went to a bridal shower for our cousin's fiancee, so we didn't really get to do anything for Bella. She doesn't really know anyway, and is having another party in June with more family. We are looking forward to it!

I have been busy still as Relief Society President. We have had four funerals in two months. They are dropping like flies! Most of them were totally unexpected, but one was. We have three babies due anytime now, all boys. Many of our ward members are moving out, and we usually get new ones in their place, but that hasn't happened, so in some ways we are falling short with filling callings. Such is the life of those in charge! I enjoy it, and get much fulfillment and blessings back that I don't know what I would do without the calling!

We are planning on going to the Bees game tonight. They are playing the Iowa Cubs. We had hoped to go last week when they were playing the Omaha Royals, but never had a free night. It will be a fun FHE activity! UPDATE: While at the game, Bella did great, except she got hot so we stripped her down to her diaper. She was pleasant the rest of the game. The Bees lost, but we still had a great time.

The rest of the week, I am busy every night. It's all things I planned myself, and I am looking forward to most of it, but it sure does make for a tired Liz at the end of the week! Luckily I have Heather and Corey to help me. One of the things that I am working on is a wedding cake on Saturday. It is my first one, and I am excited about it. I also have a book club meeting at my house, for which I am making delicious treats.

I am sure there are other things that I am forgetting, but for now, this is long enough, especially without pictures!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Where is Corey going to school? Sounds like things are going fairly well for you all, and we can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Katie said...

Hey, and I want those recipes for the Jewish bread and lasagne!!!