
The bride's father was at the reception when I was setting it up and he said that wedding cakes either taste good and look horrible, or look good and taste horrible. I was nervous for people to eat it, but when they did, it went quickly and everyone loved it!
My sister-in-law helped me on the phone with questions I had throughout the week and even that day, and my sister helped me get the consistency of the homemade marshmallow fondant just right. Without these two, I would have been a mess, so a big thanks to them!!!
I am making lots of cakes and some rainbow cupcakes this weekend too, so I have all of a sudden become quite the baker, but I love this hobby of mine. If you are in need of a cake for a special occasion, call me and we'll see about working something out!
Hopefully I will remember my own camera this weekend for all the baking/decorating going on and can post pictures quickly. These hobbies keep me busy, but busy people get things done, so I won't complain. It's much better than being lazy and idle!


8 comments:
That's a beautiful cake! Glad it all went well!
I have been waiting for this post! It looks great! I'm super impressed, especially because its your first one.
It looks great! I am impressed with your talents.
Wow! You did a wonderful job! I'd love to learn how to do that! What a fun hobby! We love hearing about how you're doing! Thanks for the updates!
Love,
Sherrie
Good job Liz! It looks great!
Awesome job!
I am VERY impressed! Especially with the fondant. It looks perfect. I'll need to get that recipe from you, if you're willing to share.
My sister's planning on getting married some time next year. I'll definately keep you in mind when cake becomes the topic of conversation!
Liz! So fun to find your blog and read what you have been up to since our days in Italian! The cake is beautiful! I'm so impressed!
Post a Comment