Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

News and Updates

It seems I only post every now and then, and it's so long that it requires a long update. Sorry! I am trying to make better goals for keeping you all better informed in what we are doing.

First of all, I decided to make the blog available for anyone to see, even if it is just for now. Don't worry, I will let you know if I am going to go private again.

Apparently in one of my former updates, I didn't say which school Corey is attending. It is the University of Utah. He is excited about it, and gets cheap tickets to sporting events and such. I told him I would wear red to these sporting events, however I would never specifically wear anything with the Ute logo on it. When they are playing BYU, I will wear blue. No offense to any Utes out there, but I didn't go to school there, so I don't feel the need to support them. He has been really busy, especially when he started a physics class that lasts for 6 weeks. It is from the BYU-Salt Lake Center, so see, he is still going to BYU.

We are finally expecting our first baby. I have made it past the nerve-wracking 1st trimester safely, still pregnant. We are due Jan 8th, 2010, but we're hoping it comes earlier. We haven't discussed much regarding the upcoming bundle, mainly because every day we were just praying to last this long and we finally have. It has been a long three year journey of trying, having miscarriages, and nothing, to now the joy (and pains) of pregnancy. I have a wonderful doctor whom I trust (finally) with my health and well-being, as well as my baby's. I am already wearing maternity clothing, and would normally be bothered by it so early, but nope, not this time. I still don't look too pregnant, and haven't gained much weight yet, but we'll see as we both grow what happens!

We had two barbecues for the 4th of July weekend. One on the 4th, one with our neighbors on the 5th. They were both fun, simple, and had good food. I made a flag cake for ours on the 4th, and Corey had never had one. So simple and yet delicious! I then made red, white, and blue colored cupcakes for the neighbor party and everyone loved them. I was hoping to post a picture of them, but we took a photo with Heather's camera, and that is not with me at the moment. The live fireworks we were hoping to watch did not start until 11:30 Sat. night, and I was already tuckered out so I was already sleeping by 10. They were after a baseball game at the nearby ball park, but the game went into 12 innings. Luckily, earlier in the night, I had watched moments of the Boston Pops performing with Neil Diamond and then watched their fireworks on tv, so I still saw some fireworks on the 4th. I did get to hear the local ones, just didn't want to get up to watch. On the 5th, there was another baseball game followed by another firework evening. They started about 9:30 and lasted for a good 20 or so minutes. It was fun to watch them with Arabella, and she even said 'boom' once for me.

We stay busy with our church callings. Sometimes our responsibilities seem to take over moments of free time in our own lives, but we know we are doing what we are supposed to do and as a result we will be blessed. Besides, it's usually for a moment in time, not all day! We sang the Star Spangled Banner as our closing song in church, and it never fails to bring me to tears. As I enjoy the 'rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air' I am sure it was nothing to what those early men and women did to fight for our freedoms we enjoy today. The song further touches me in the 2nd and 3rd verses, so needless to say, by the end of the song I am a blubbering mess. Thank you to all who daily serve our country, fighting to preserve those freedoms that the early pioneers of our country saw as so important. Without the perseverance of these fighting warriors, old and new, we would never be so lucky as we are today. I am also saddened by the people who continually fight to get God out of our country's slogans. Religion was one of the most important freedoms those early people sought, and people in our current time just take their freedoms for granted. I want everyone to practice their own religion with the same freedom, even if your religion is based on no higher being. Do not ruin our country's foundation for your own selfishness!

Arabella is growing fast and copying us more and more. I know, this might sound like she's our daughter, but she lives with us so it's hard not to post things about her. She is saying many more words than even a month ago, but not regularly. We try to get her to say please, and she'll say it, but then most of the time, she just gives us the cutest face and we give in. It's hard not to with her, and I think she knows it.

That about does it for me. I am sorry that there are no exciting pictures, and just words for this post, but at least I updated!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Liz!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on your new addition! Do you need anything? Let me know if I can do anything for you! Once again, congrats!

Liz Bowman said...

We should hang out since we live so close, then we could catch up and discuss things!! Thanks for your support. I couldn't do this alone, cause at this point, Corey is not enough. I need everyone!!

The Archuleta's said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. Miles and I are so excited for you guys! There is nothing like being a parent.
Oh and BTW thank you so much for writing down Isaac's blessing. Miles forgot to record it so if you wouldn't have written it down we would not have had it.

Nancy said...

We should hang out. Are you guys in SLC? I know how you feel about needing support. It is essential to have more support than you ever thought you'd need. And once your baby is here, it doesn't change much. Email me and we can figure out a time to get together.

Happy Harrison said...

Oh Liz (and Cory), I'm so happy for you!
I wish you the best of luck, an easy pregnancy, and a fast (but not too fast) and easy delivery.
Be sure to keep us posted on all the happy baby things going on.
Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?

Karly & Danny said...

Liz I am so excited for you! Being a mom is great, so much work but amazing. All those late nights working on projects I think have geared us up for sleepless nights! Keep me updated on how everything is going!