I finally received my medical records. They weren't my full medical records, as the office had called me and told me that it would only be the most recent documents, not complete, even though I had faxed a request in and checked the box by the one that would send me my full medical records. Regardless, I knew what I was getting, but when I opened the envelope, they weren't mine. It was for another Elizabeth, and the last name was similar to mine, but unless I have aged 16 years in the past 1 year, and changed my birthday to be a week and a half earlier, it most definitely wasn't mine. Yep, the office sent someone else's private, personal information to someone else! I had called it in, but also faxed in a request, on which I had to write my name, sign the form, as well as put my birthdate. All of this was ignored. I called the office this morning, and the receptionist gasped when I told her. I told her that because I was trying to transfer records to another doctor in the clinic, it wouldn't be necessary to send them out. She put me on hold and then came back stating that she had my records and was going to make a copy and send them out. They listen so well. Maybe there is something wrong with their phones and they can't hear patient requests. Either way, it sure does confuse me! Let's see whose important and private information they will send me this time! The doctor I want to transfer to has already looked at my file. I am so far happy with what her nurse has said, but at this point, how can I be sure she really did look at my own file? Each time I call, I have to give my name and my birthdate, so hopefully this new doctor and her nurse are much more competant than the other people I have called, but I am still so unimpressed with my entire office dealings with the clinic. I am supposed to have a laprascopy procedure done to rule out endometriosis, so if I decide to go to new clinic, is that going to be possible? Lots to figure out, but I feel time is not in my favor. I'll keep you all posted for sure.
This is something that I am just shaking my head about. I am not frustrated, upset, just in complete amazement, wondering what else to expect and wondering if I really will get good treatment! (from anyone)
8 years ago


3 comments:
I should go and get that done too but I don't know if I want to do it or just try to have a baby first. It has been hard to decide on what to do. I understand where you are coming from with all this. Good luck with what ever they find out.
Are you kidding me?!? Those guys are nuts. Good luck with getting some answers soon. If you need to talk, please let me know. I understand what you're going through.
That is so scary that they would make a mistake like that!!! Oh my goodness.
Post a Comment