Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time to Vote!

I know that elections are way over, but this is for such a good cause and a good friend of mine.

This is Gina Day, along with her husband Doug. (I stole the picture as well as much of the text from my other friend Megan's blog because I don't have my own picture of her and she explains Gina much more eloquently than I can. Thanks Meg!) She recently entered Martha Stewart's "Green Thumb Contest" and is one of three finalists. She is an amazing gardener. Last year she turned her tiny little patio into a wonderful garden. She had watermelons hanging off the balcony and an apple AND a peach tree hanging out outside her window. There were herbs, native grasses, and lots of flowers.

Anyway...if you have some time today (and you can keep voting throughout the week) go to this link http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/radioblog/2009/03/vote-for-your-favorite-green-thumb.html and click on her story to vote for it. Read the story too...it is very cool.

4 comments:

Megan D. said...

I'm glad you invited me to view your blog. It is very cute!

Mommy said...

Sounds cool but I wish they had (at least I didn't see them if they did) pictures. I would love to copy what she did because I want to start growing things as well since CJ loves to be outside playing and then he can "help" me. And yes, I remember hating the fact that we had a garden while growing up, but I really want to start one now. (I'm very excited to plant those bulbs you gave me!)

Stine said...

Can you tell us the link to her garden blog? She mentions that she has one in the comments, but didn't post a link! I totally want to see it!

ilikewinter said...

I didn't know you had this on here! Thanks, Liz. =) Thanks for helping me win!

It looks like some people wanted to know about the blog- it is www.gardeningspot.blogspot.com
Feel free to visit and ask questions or just say hi!