skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Early Life with Camree - Month 1
I still am trying to catch up, so this is still early on in our new family life. We can honestly say she is so fun, and has been from the beginning!
This is the only picture I have of her IV. This is her second IV, the other one was on her other hand. We watched them put this IV in, and it wasn't so bad, for us or her. She sucked hard on her binky, but didn't hardly make much noise other than grunting once, and they had to try three times before it didn't blow. They have a cool light machine that they hold under hand while it's lit, allowing them to see the veins in tiny hands. They put a piece of cotton under the needle, and then a larger piece of cotton in their palm, and then cover it with tape. It helps the tiny needle to not be pulled out. Every one of her nurses were in love with her by the time we were leaving, and they all couldn't get over how beautiful she was. One of our favorite nurses, Bev, glued this bow on her head using Elmer's glue. She glued each of the four wings, in addition to the knot, so this bow stayed on her head for about 2 weeks! We didn't want to peel it off for fear of peeling her skin off too, and it was so cute anyway.
This is a closeup of her and her going home outfit. We left the hospital Monday, the 11th at night, but I still wanted to dress her like we were going out with fanfare! She deserved it after all she had been through.
More of her going home outfit. The pants didn't originally go with it, but it was cold out and I didn't want her to get chilled. She has these cute metallic pink shoes on that are too big for her.
Waking up in her cradle. We have a little Houdini on our hands, and boy is she proud of herself each time she gets out of her swaddle. She is 8 days old here.
Just a picture of how small she is in her carseat. She doesn't mind going anywhere in it, luckily!
This is after her first bath in the bathtub. Previously, we had washed her in the kitchen sink, but she kept kicking the side of the sink making it difficult. She is getting more used to the water, but definitely does not like being cold.
I don't know how babies can sleep in so many uncomfortable looking positions, but they sure do pull it off!
Another example of her being Houdini. This is on Sunday and she is wearing a dress, in case anyone thinks we don't dress our child.
A close up of her cute, cuddly, innocent face. We try to get the funny ones, but we always miss them, so we'll keep trying!
Heather brought Arabella over to meet her (Camree was almost a month old, so it was past time for them to meet!). The next images are of Bella's expressive face as she meets, hugs, and kisses Nammee (as Bella pronounces Camree's name.). Camree is not so sure of this meeting.
She feels safer now.
Arabella telling us and pointing out who she is holding.
Kisses for cuties!
I am not sure what Arabella's doing, but this is one of her many common cute faces!
I forgot to take her picture with something in it for reference, but she's growing nicely. At this point, she was about 9 lb. 9 oz. and 22 inches long. She is a good eater, a great cuddler, and we are spoiled because at about 2 weeks old, she started waking up only once at night, so the best sleeper I could ask for!
7 comments:
Awww! She is getting so big already! Looking so grown up! Can't wait to hold her! :)
awww...she's so cute!!!!
She is adorable, I am so glad all went well! Congratulations.
I can't believe we haven't met that sweet girl yet! I guess that's how it goes when you're on opposite sides of the country (and 8 months preggo to boot). I think we're going to try for a visit in July. We'll make sure the cousins get in lots of visiting time then.
OH, Liz! She is just beautiful! I love that little polka dot top and how tiny she is in her car seat and swing! So cute! Congratulations!
Congratulations! She is absolutely perfect. I'm so happy for you and your little family.
So cute. You look so good too! I am so excited to meet her - maybe I can get a preview before the reunion as we will be in UT visiting Omar's family the end of April.
Post a Comment