Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Stats and pictures

I forgot to put her stats in from her 2 month appointment.

Birth: 7.96 lbs (7 lbs. 15 oz) 65%
21" 92%

2 weeks: 8.75 lbs 66%
22" 95%

2 months: 11.25 lbs 57%
23.25" 78%

We were originally told she was 21.3 in. long when she was born, but we have gotten a few different measurements, some of them shorter than 21", some longer, so we don't really have an exact, but 21" is on the doctor's office report. I love our doctor's office, as they give me a print out of her key measurements at each stage, not just the most current ones.

I took her in to get her shots, and it was so hard. The doctor said he doesn't give the shots so that he is still liked by the kids, and when the nurse came in to give them, she was happily sucking on her binky, waiting patiently for her next feeding (anytime Mom). We gave her the liquid one first, and then she got poked three times in the leg. The nurse warned me that moms usually cry on the first set of shots as well as the infants, but I didn't. I was so worried about her that I didn't get upset with her. She sure was mad! It was hard to hear, and her cry was full of anger and pain, which (luckily) I hadn't heard that kind before. Total, it lasted no more than 10 seconds, but she didn't cry for just that long. The nurse said that I could nurse her in the office as they didn't need that room for awhile, and so we were both able to cuddle and I was able to console her without feeling rushed out. I honestly think it helped her, not just calm down, but she didn't get a fever or get cranky the rest of that day, or even the following day. While I nursed her, I also moved her legs around so that the medication didn't just sit in her muscles, making it hard and painful for her later. We were slightly more careful with her poor legs all day, but she never acted in pain at all.

Lesson learned: Nurse her right after her shots and massage and move her legs around while nursing her. No sickness and no pain in her legs. Great first experience, but still not looking forward to the next one!



Pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Cutest gift we ever received!!



I was given clothes from a friend and in it was this Halloween onesie. It fit her, so I dressed her in this wild and crazy outfit for the day. Trick or Treat anyone?



She found her fingers, and most of the time is not quite able to get some in to actually suck on, but she found these two. Sometimes she tries to put both hands in her mouth. We are really encouraging her to use the binky!



An idea of what our son might look like. Sorry it's slightly blurry.



Happy St. Patrick's Day (late)!!! Five dollars for the first kiss, two dollars for each additional kiss and taxes may apply. She's anticipating all the kisses!

2 comments:

Hyde and Beej said...

I love the "package" picture! What a cutie! And sounds like you have a great doctor! It's nice when they can be understanding and seem to bend over backwards for you! So nice! Not that I've been in that situation before, but it's good to know some doctors are that way! Haha. Well, keep up the good work sis! Give Camree a kiss from me!! :)
~Heidi

Mark and Kattie said...

She is getting so big! I am glad she did ok with all the shots. I know Will didn't like them, but he never seemed to be affected afterwords.