Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Zoom Zoom

Meet our new car. It is a 2004 Mazda 3. It was not one of our top choices of cars until we test drove it. We got it from the Church at a really great price and I feel so much better driving than when I drove the Jeep. The Jeep is as old as Matthew, and just makes me nervous depending solely on that one vehicle. Next time you are needing a car, if you are in this area, look up what the church is selling prior to going to any dealership or even a different private party.

It is sporty and so fun to drive. I like that it has cruise control, a working air conditioning system (in time for winter), and keyless entry. I could go on, but many of the items are standard in these newer models, so you guys probably already have everything I am excited about! This just tells you how old our Jeep really is, that's all. It gets great gas mileage too, just in time for the gas prices to drop to somewhat more affordable prices. Never underestimate Corey's and my timing. Perfect (ha ha).

As for other news, Corey is still looking for work, I am still working, and the house is really coming along. With so much extra time, I come home to projects that hadn't been started prior to my work day, half finished or done. It's great. Yesterday, he framed in our closets in the master bedroom and today he is going to put drywall on them. Currently, we sleep upstairs in the loft (to get away from Bo and to get some sleep) and our clothes are stored in the guest room. It is cold in the guest room since they never installed a heating vent, so we don't like to go in there much, but we need clothes, so we have to go in. We don't like to get dressed in those cold clothes, so we are trying to hurriedly get our master closets in working order, even before the rest of the master bedroom is done. You do what you gotta do!

Last year for Christmas, we received a couch cover which we finally put on our couch. It really helps to finish off the room. We are now on the prowl for a beautiful colored couch blanket that will add a punch to the different shades of brown in the room, and be warm and cuddly. The window coverings have been put on hold, but until then, Corey has hung the blinds. We went for months without any window coverings anywhere in the front of the house, so it feels great to not feel like we are putting our lives on show! I need to take pictures sometime soon, but I also need to dust, sweep, and potentially mop the floors first. I know, you are all dying, but you have lived so far without, go a little longer and you'll be surprised how long you can last!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like things are looking up a little. :) It's good to hear! I can't wait to see pictures... cleaned rooms or no!

Heather Thomas said...

What a cute little car! :) Looks like it should DEFINITELY work better than the Jeep! :) Can't wait to see all the stuff you guys have gotten done on your house! I'm sure Corey will find something soon, but in the mean time, enjoy his time spent on the house! :)