After many a worried, frustrated, sad, and upset week, my laptop computer is now back in my own hands! I picked it up last night from Best Buy, and everything should be working. I need to update my antivirus and my anti-spyware on it, but it should work. Another software I might be considering purchasing is Nero, as the current burning software that came with the computer has many a glitch in the system, hence the reason for the nightmare of an almost never-ending adventure. Apparently, Sonic, which is the software program that came with the computer, doesn't like Windows Media Player 11, and so it made all the other DVD/CD copying software obsolete. Yeah for me!! The guy working on my computer downgraded Windows Media Player to the 10.0 version for me. I don't use it at all, so great!
As I was checking out, the Geek Squad guy told me he wouldn't charge me anything. That's great for him, because I wasn't planning on donating another cent to their store out of my own pocket! I had purchased a 3 year hardware warranty, and a 1 year software warranty, last August, and I turned in my computer initially the middle of July. This being a software problem, them keeping my computer and not fixing a dang thing until after the warranty was up, and me taking it in again, added up to a free service in my eyes. Those Geek Squad people sure do add up their math correctly as well. Smart guys.
Painful as it is, at least it ends on a positive note. My $100 gift certificate arrived in the mail yesterday. An excuse to give Best Buy another visit, on their behalf! Thanks, but I am not highly recommending them to anyone I know. This experience has taught me a few things. One is that there are still some people willing to do things to make others happy even without a request, and two, that there are some people who do not care, and totally drop the ball. Be wary of the second group, and stick up for yourself in a situation like this! Or, if you need me to do so, I will for you. No problems with it here!
8 years ago


1 comment:
Glad you got your computer back! Hopefully it works now!
Post a Comment